by Richard Uhlhorn
Chelan County Fire District No. 7 held its annual Chelan Fire and Rescue Recognition Awards banquet recently. Following are the staff and firefighters who were honored.
Fire Chief Mark Donnell recognized the following members for their contributions to the department and community.
- Firefighter Laura Cross – As one of our newest members of Chelan Fire & Rescue this individual taken the personal commitment to be the best that they can be by stepping up as a firefighter on South Lakeshore. She has continually sought out additional training, started to master operation of apparatus assigned to ST-75, and has helped out at many of our social events making a positive impact within our community.
- Firefighter Chrys Fine – Chrys has done a tremendous job as “Sparky” in promoting fire safety and education throughout the County. She has made a trememdous effort in getting Sparky into as many events as possible throughout the year and is always a hit with kids and other mascots.
- Lieutenant Taylor Rains – Lt. Rains has been at the helm of our public education program for the past year and has made a tremendous effort in keeping us connected to the community. As the junior lieutenant in our organization, he has been an ardent supporter of training for career and volunteer members alike and daily demonstrates the spirit of our mission.
- Chelan Firefighters Association & Auxiliary – The Firefighters Association has been the benevolent arm of Chelan Fire & Rescue and our huge supporter to our community in their time of need. Under the guidance of Dan Crandall and Anne Brautovich-Clark, the Association and Auxiliary have successfully raised significant funds that directly benefit the Fire District and members of our community. This organization truly represents the heart and spirit of the fire service.
Commissioner Russ Jones recognized the following individual for the 2019 Commissioners Award. This award recognizes a member of Chelan Fire & Rescue or a member of the community or community group or business that has significantly contributed to the Fire District’s mission of protecting lives and property.
- Chrys “Sparky” Fine
Assistant Chief Brandon Asher recognized Support Services Robert Takagi for the 2019 Chief Timothy Lemon Memorial Award. This award recognizes the member of Chelan Fire and Rescue who displays the spirit of commitment, compassion, and courage in their daily contributions for the organization. It was created in memory of Fire Chief Tim Lemon who saw the best in every member, was always there to listen to your story, held us steady throughout his span as Chelan 7’s Fire Chief, and would always greet you with a big hug.
Chief Donnell gave the 2019 Chief’s Company Award to the entire membership of Chelan Fire & Rescue for all of their hard work and dedication over the last year. It is given to members of the organization based on their merits and skills during emergency responses and their contributions to the organization and community as well.
This year’s award recognizes members who held strong through a year of many challenges facing many obstacles and receiving many accolades along the way. These members held steadfast to the Mission of protecting the lives and property of the community through emergency response, training, and education. They contributed time, energy, and resources unselfishly to keep the community safe throughout the year.
- Chief Donnell said, “I cannot thank these members enough for the support that they have given of themselves for this orgaization and I am eternally grateful for the support that they have given me this past year.”The 2019 Chief’s Company Award goes to the Membership of Chelan Fire & Rescue for all of its hard work and dedication for the past year.